Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Follow us on
हरियाणा में आउटसोर्सिंगके माध्यम से कार्यरत कर्मचारियों को नौकरी देने के मामले में बहुत बड़ी धांधली - कर्ण सिंह दलालओडिशा के सीएम नवीन पटनायक ने हिंजली विधानसभा सीट से नामांकन भराPM नरेंद्र मोदी ने कहा- चौकीदार शब्द देशभक्ति का पर्याय बन गया हैमहागठबंधन में सीट बंटवारे का ऐलान 22 मार्च को होगा: शरद यादववाराणसी: प्रियंका गांधी के कार्यक्रम के दौरान दो गुटों में मारपीटनामांकन दाखिल करने के अंतिम दिन दोपहर तीन बजे तक डाला जा सकता है मतदाता सूची में नाम पुलवामा अटैक के चलते सीआरपीएफ, बीएसएफ और सेना नहीं मनाएगी होलीफ्लोर टेस्ट से पहले बोले गोवा के सीएम- हम 100 फीसदी जीतेंगे

HC seeks CBI reply on plea to transfer case to another judge

March 14, 2019 07:22 AM


HC seeks CBI reply on plea to transfer case to another judge
NEWDELHI: The Delhi high court on Wednesday sought CBI’s response to the plea by Abhay Singh Chautala, son of former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala, seeking transfer of disproportionate assets (DA) case against him to some other judge.

Chautala has claimed that he apprehends he would not get a fair trial if his case continues to be presided over by the special judge. Justice Sangita Dhingra Sehgal, while issuing notice to CBI and seeking its stand, observed that the judge in question was appointed by the high court to deal with cases pertaining to MPs and MLAs on orders of the Supreme Court.

The court also noted that the apex court order had come in a matter which was still pending there and therefore, the registrar general of Delhi High Court ought to be made a party in the matter.

The high court, in its order, also said that since the DA case was listed before the special CBI judge on Thursday, both Abhay and the agency “shall seek joint adjournment”. With the direction, the high court listed the matter for further hearing on Thursday.

Special public prosecutor Rajdipa Behura, appearing for CBI, on the other hand, contended that the transfer petition “is a total abuse of process of law and has only been moved to delay the trial”.

Have something to say? Post your comment